Wednesday, June 8, 2011

By small and simple things....‏6/2/11



That seems to be the theme of my last week. Alma 37:6-7.
 
Last P-day was crazy! I wrote to you about the tornados, and luckily no more of those this past week. But usually P-day lasts until 6 pm. Last week, we started at 4pm and went non-stop until 9. The Lord humbled me that day. Since we had cut into P-day early we were going to take the last 2 hours of the day and finish up P-day. That didn't happen. We found a former on the street, found a couple new investigators, taught three or four lessons (I forget), and even contacted some referrals. It was crazy. But it feels good. Staying busy helps me feel accomplished and that I am spending my time wisely out here. Things sure have been changing for the better. Too bad my brain has been fired and I can't remember anything.
 
I don't know what to write about here anymore. I received Kyle's graduation announcement. I was showing him off to the sisters at the VC and for some reason it came out "wedding announcement" a couple times. Kyle... I'm sorry for false advertising. Whitney wrote me back and told me she went through the temple. Amazing. Everyone at home is going through the temple and I love it! Actually, there are a lot of young men out here selling pest control, security, etc as a summer job. They come to the VC when they have time. A bunch of guys came in the other night and one had served in the Oklahoma Tulsa mission. He said they had maybe 10 sisters in the mission. That is crazy to me. We have 41 now and next transfer there will be 44. We have interviews with the Mission President tomorrow which I'm looking forward to. This will be my first and last interview with President Van Komen, not counting the one when I came into the mission home.
 
Today is my 3 month mark. It's hard to believe I've been out here for 3 months. So much has happened at home from what I hear. So much has happened here!
 Please forgive me but I really am at a loss for what to send home. I am doing really well at my 60 day BoM challenge. I'm in Mosiah now. I was reading in Mosiah 2 and found a couple awesome verses about the importance of a prophet. Mosiah 2:9 "...you should hearken unto me, and open your eyes that ye may hear, and your hearts that ye may understand, and your minds that the mysteries of God may be unfolded to your view". Then, King Benjamin continues in verse 15, "...I tell you these things that ye may know that I can answer a clear conscience before God this day". We are all preparing for the second coming of the Messiah. We need not to procrastinate the day of our repentance. We have a prophet to help and guide us in these latter days.
 
The VC is being updated. "God's Plan for His Family" is being remodeled and a new presentation is taking place there. The little girl that is in the original one is now grown and getting married. Same family, same spirit. Also, the history tour downstairs is getting a new fence and floor. And these things are taking place at the same time... in a couple weeks... for a couple weeks. We have bus tours coming in and with two of our largest presentations down, we're going to have to get creative. Speaking of bus tours, I got to experience my first couple this week. We had 94 seminary graduates from central Utah come up, and then 200 youth from Fort Collins, Colorado come in. It's a blast. I think I like the bus tours more than the regular walk ins! And I'm out of time, but remind me to tell you about a story the VC director's wife wrote about them. I'm mentioned and she's sending it to Salt Lake.
 
I love you all. There are a few of you that I haven't heard from in a while. I pray that you are well.
Until next time.
 
Love,
S. Moore
 
Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment