Monday, November 7, 2011

November 7


Hola, como estas?
 
I can't speak spanish... I'll quit while I'm ahead.
Things are grand! I'm grateful to be back at the VC. I loved full pros, but I feel more production here in the VC. Although the tours are few and far between, I have my calling on the music committee and chat to keep us busy. Chat on Mormon.org is amazing by the way.
We committed one of our investigators with a baptismal date. She's too funny... she's this awesome black woman who really wants to be baptized by God's authority.. awesome. Well, she won't get baptized until Christ's birthday (she's referring to December 25... I don't think I'll tell her that it's in April :) or the 1st of the year. The Elders in our ward had a baptism last night and she came! With her daughter who had been taught by missionaries back in 2005! Awesome.  We found this new investigator the other day and have taught him a few times this week. He's a single man and we believe the rule in this zone is that if there are elders in your ward, they are to teach single men, and we are to teach single women. We had a lesson with him and them and it went well. Awesome guy. However, since the elders in 4th ward are the Assistants, they are busy. We might get to teach him with appropriate team ups... which I'm secretly hoping for. Shh... dont' tell.
 
Sister Blackham is so cute... oh my goodness. We came home last night and even with an extra hour of sleep, I konked out after planning on the couch. Missionaries are supposed to sleep in the same room as their companion. So I woke up 30 minutes later and find Sister Blackham dragging her mattress into the living room so that she could be obedient and not have to wake me up. I LOVE MY COMPANION. She's so cute, and just full of unconditional love. Sometimes I feel like I'm not worthy.
 
Next transfer is December 8, and we got exciting news that Sister Jones might be coming back! She had to go home for surgery, but she's made the decision to come back out and we are all so excited for that! On top of that, there are 7 new VC sisters coming in. Now, when the Van Komen's were running the mission, they didn't give any preference to sisters called full pros vs. VC. The Keyes' are honoring those calls. Salt Lake wants them to place all VC-called sisters in the centers for their first transfer. Well... with Liberty Jail and the VC, there are 11 companionships. 7 of those 11 companionships should be training over the winter at the centers. It's going to be crazy!! And, both of the VC sister leaders are leaving in December. They have to call another VC sister leader sometime this transfer so that the leaders can train her. Transfers are getting sticky over here, but it's way exciting. We keep getting so many missionaries and we need them! About 25% of the mission is younger than 3 months in the field. We have a young mission right now. Yet we still progress. Only the best are called to serve in the MIM! :)
 
So, all is well. I feel great about being here. I'm growing in ways I didn't know I could, and I can feel the spirit guiding me 24/7. I've been striving for that, and as we work and serve with all our heart, might, mind, and strength, and are perfectly obedient, we will receive those righteous blessings that we desire. That's something we've been studying, too. I can't remember if I'm repeating myself from previous weeks, but I've been studying a lot about choice and agency lately. Especially out of 2 Nephi 2:27:
 
Wherefore, men are afree according to the bflesh; and call things are dgiven them which are expedient unto man. And they are free to echoose fliberty and eternal glife, through the great Mediator of all men, or to choose captivity and death, according to the captivity and power of the devil; for he seeketh that all men might be hmiserable like unto himself.

We can choose freedom, or captivity. Did you realize that obedience to God's commandments makes you free? I promise you that these things are true, for the spirit has witnessed it unto me.
 
The gospel has been restored. It is true. We have been blessed with a prophet of God and another witness that Christ lives. Faith can move mountains, and hope endures all. My mission is one of the most sacred experiences of my life. Thank you for allowing me to share this with you and for the support you give to me each and every day. From the depths of my heart, thank you.
 
Shall we not go on in so great a cause?
 
Love always,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment