Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10


Good morning.
Everytime I sit down to write this, my mind goes blank. I was going to send home pictures, but the computer isn't being friendly this morning. It's asking me to format the card. If I do that will it erase everything on the card? However, things have been great!
We have a baptism still coming up and I'm really excited that Sister Porter gets to see one at the beginning of her mission. The weather is dry and clear and crisp and it's beautiful. We've been having some crazy, memorable experiences both in and outside of the VC. This Saturday we are going to training for new missionaries and their trainers at the mission home and I look forward to that. I love learning and I've come to really desire knowledge. That's what led to my mission call! A quote that I have really admired lately is this: "If we pursue knowledge diligently and honestly, our quest will inevitably lead us from the things of the earth to the things of heaven". - Hugh Nibley. I know that's true. Knowledge is truth. Truth in knowledge. And all truth comes directly from God. I'm grateful for this understanding.
 
We were tracting the other day. Knocked on a door, and we hear a car start in the garage as soon as we stepped back from the door. We thought, "they're trying to escape!". As they pulled out we talked to them. Apparently they had some emergency with their dog and couldn't talk. But we found it quite funny. Heavenly Father has a sense of humor, that's for sure! We also tracted into this RLDS lady. She let us in and we talked. She might come to a church service. That would be cool. Another gentleman we were talking to actually let us teach him a brief portion of the restoration and said we could come back when his family was home. That's exciting! I've come to learn that I know that bearing our testimonies will in turn strengthen out testimonies. When we live the doctrine or in the way we know the gospel is true, we can personally see the fruits of it thereof. Bearing teatimony through actions, words, or up at the pulpit on Sundays helps us come to know our much our Savior and Heavenly Father love us. I'm indeed grateful for that.
 
Things have been great. I'm laughing way too much at the VC with the sisters. When we're on shift for 6 hours and only 4 people come in, we have to entertain ourselves somehow. I'm sore beyond belief because I've started to work out with some other sisters in the morning and didn't ease into it. Ha, ok, funny story. Sunday morning, I committed to not eat excess sugar or baked goods in hopes of gaining more energy and whatnot. We had borrowed a car from the mission office and so we parked it, and had to carry all of our stuff to the VC, a few blocks away. We passed by the stake center to where a brother called us over. It turned out to be the Independence 2nd ward Bishop and he remembered me and everything. It was great! He asked if we wanted an apple pie. He goes to his car, grabs a freshly baked homemade apple pie, warm out of the oven, and places it in my hands. I thought to myself, "this is a test, isn't it?" Heavenly Father has a sense of humor! Again! I love it. :) We gave it to the VC sisters and it's gone. Haha.
 
I apologize for not having much to report. Things are good. I'm exhausted at the end of the day. The work is progressing. I'm coming to know my Savior every day. I can feel the Spirit with me and with my loved ones. I know Jesus is the Christ, and that he lives. I know this gospel is what we are all searching for deep down inside. We just have to act on it. We have to choose to let it bless us. I am who I am because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and my Savior. This church is true. I know it. Shall we not go on in so great a cause?
 
Always,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment