Tuesday, May 29, 2012



Good morning!
Due to the holiday I am reporting to you now.
Transfers have come and gone and I am still in Hutch. Sister Dodd went
to the Jail and guess who came to Hutch? Sister Jones! My MTC
companion. I have now served with all the sisters in my MTC district.
It's awesome, haha. I attached a couple pictures from transfer bus in
Wichita last week. One is Sisters Jones, me, and Dodd, and the other
is Sister Dodd and I with one of our zone leaders who got transferred.
It was really warm that day.

We spent all of last week with our investigators and the members that
wanted to say "bye" to Sister Dodd. We were running around like a
crazy person but it was so good to see that the ward really loves
their missionaries. Went down to transfer bus on Thursday and came
back to unpack and go to some appointments. All weekend we have been
running around and I don't even know what we did... we did go up to a
little town for dinner and to try and contact a referral, but we
didn't have miles for this month and came home. Sunday we were invited
to sing in the ward choir and did so, but as we sat on the stand we
were able to see everyone come in. That referral that we didn't have
miles to see came to church! A less active that lives 45 minutes away
came to church and stayed for 2 hours! An investigator that has never
been to church showed up. it was just really neat. In relief society,
they talked about sacrifice, based on the talk Elder Oaks gave in the
last conference. It was so good! I thought about things such as "Why
do I do what I do? What is my intent?" I also thought that I really
feel like I get more than what I give. I thought, "why?" Sacrifice
makes things sacred, and that is how I can make my mission special.
Sister Jones and I have talked a lot recently about how we can make
our missions more meaningful by being obedient. I try to figure things
out in my mind a lot, and most of the time if not all the time, I can
never figure out what Heavenly Father is doing. I read the scripture
the other morning 1 Nephi 11:17 - Nephi answers the angel, referring
to God, "I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not
know the meaning of all things"

I'm constantly being humbled and it is so great!! I'm learning what is
really important and what will help me be the most effective
missionary that I can be. We had an experience the other day... on
Sunday we received a referral for a lady that was in detox in the
psych ward of the local hospital. Fun, eh? We get up there Sunday
night and meet a woman who really wanted a blessing. We had to explain
to her that we couldn't do that but would send some brethren the next
day to give that to her. In the meantime, we just talked. She kept
saying over, and over, and over, that she's not a bad person, she had
been sober for 3 years and doesn't know why she relapsed. Her eyes
were full of sorrow and she was reaching out to anyone looking for
hope. In essence, I think I wouldn't been a bit hesitant to be on that
floor and talk to someone there, just from other experiences I've had.
But the Lord used us both in a miraculous way, and taught us something
life changing. All we felt inspired to do was tell her how much God
loves her. As we did, I could feel, in an increased measure, just how
deeply and unconditionally God loves His children. I didn't know this
woman. She had made some bad choices and that is why we was in detox.
But she was still given hope through God's love and the Savior's
mercy. That was probably one of the best experiences I've had on my
mission thus far. It also got me thinking about why a lot of people I
meet everyday are not so fortunate in this life. In my scripture study
I came across this verse:

"Behold, the Lord esteemeth all flesh in one; he that is righteous is
favored of God..."
Remember the scripture those that keep the commandments of God shall
prosper? And then a couple verses later I read this:

"And he did straiten them in the wilderness with his rod; for they
hardened their hearts, even as ye have; and the Lord straitened them
because of their iniquity. He sent fiery flying serpents among them;
and after they were bitten he prepared a way that they might be
healed; and the labor which they had to perform was to look; and
because of the simpleness of the way, or the easiness of it, there
were many who perished."

God wants us home. There's only one way to get home, and God gave us
tools to get there. He is no respecter of persons. He does not love
one group of people more than the other. We are all equal in His eyes.
However, those that are righteous and keep the commandments are those
that are favored.

John 15:10 - "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;
even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love."
When we walk towards God, we can feel His love. And that's the difference.

Obedience is the difference. If something is easy, do we just
disregard it? Because of "the simpleness of the way"?

I'm learning heaps, and the more I learn the less I know. And in a
sense that scares me, because I want to take as much as I can here as
a missionary home with me so I can continue to serve there. I don't
know the meaning of all things, but the Lord has promised His children
that if we are obedient and keep His commandments, we'll be able to
accomplish all those things that are expedient for us. I know this is
true. I am a witness to His love.

I love you all and am grateful for your support. I know God loves you
and wants to bless you. Will you place yourself in a position so that
He can?
I know that this church is true, and that the fulness of the
everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored. I know the Book
of Mormon is true and blesses lives! Continue forward my friends. Run
the race, finish strong. 1 Cor. 9:24 - "Know ye not that they which
run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye
may obtain." Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Always,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment