Monday, August 6, 2012






1660: Exchanges with Sister Dalsing!
1657: President and Sister Keyes
1693: Our homemade cherry pies!
1679: Sister missionaries of the Wichita zone
1682: Oregon cherries!!

Heyo,

It has been a really fast week. Looking back on what I did I feel like
that was "forever ago". Last P-day I "dejunked" a bit and got rid of
clothes that I will never wear again because I'm sick of them. Today
I'll do that with other little objects that I am acquired over the
mission. After leaving the computer lab, we were walking to the rest
room and some guy kept staring at us. Walking back from the restroom,
he stopped us and asked if we were Jehovah's Witnesses. We told him
who we were and sat down and taught him in the library. New
investigator! Woohoo! Tuesday was exchanges with the sisters in Valley
Center, and I stayed in Hutch while a new missionary, Sister Dalsing,
came to Hutch. It was great as we were busy with appointments all say.
We also had interviews with President and Sister Keyes beforehand. It
was so sad for me! There's another elder in the zone going home at the
same time I am and President's remarks before the interviews commenced
were geared towards us. I think President is trying to make us trunky,
haha. No, he really does care about his missionaries and wants us to
be sure he knows he appreciates what we have done and continue to do.
It made me sad, but it was good. I felt very comforted by the fact
that I still have time left as a missionary and that things at home
will be okay. Wednesday was crazy being the first day of August. Not
okay! Sister Anderton, who has a baptismal date for August 15th, my
very last day as a missionary in the field, taught us how to make
fruit pies from scratch, and she made us aprons!! She's the best!!!!
When we confirmed her baptismal date, she replied, "Yippee!!" Too
cute! On Friday we had a cool miracle. The membership clerk of the
ward gives us lists of unknown members to contact to see if they are
still at that address, etc. We put in an address into the GPS and it
led us to a back road on one side of the highway... the wrong side.
There was one house there. We started to drive away thinking we'd just
go to the other side of the highway to find it, when I had a very
strong spiritual impression to "go back". I told Sister Jones and we
did, knocked on the door, and an older woman answered the old. She
said she was baptist and not interested but we continued to just shoot
the breeze with her as I prayed in my heart for a door to open for us
to share the gospel. She randomly decided to let us in and offered us
water. We met her 13 year old daughter, and her husband came home
while we were standing the living room. Then, the door: "what do you
guys believe, anyway?" Bam! We taught the first missionary discussion,
testified, and the 13 year old daughter accepted a Book of Mormon and
sat down to read it before we could end our visit. They also gave us a
referral and we found a mother/daughter pair looking for a church from
that. Miracles. If we didn't heed that spiritual prompting, we
wouldn't have been able to give them an opportunity to hear the
gospel. I'm still in awe over that day.

What else... a lot has happened. We helped a lady in the ward move and
during it her van's battery died. I knew exactly what to do! We
knocked on the neighbor's door, got cables, and got her up and
running. I felt so self-reliant. We also got a call to go see a LA
young adult in the ward. She had made some poor choices and is so
down. She came to church for the first time in several months. It
really concreted my testimony of living the commandments. They really
do protect in emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually. And
Sunday was great. We had 5 investigators there, we taught gospel
principles about the Word of Wisdom, and had a wonderful lesson in
Relief Soceity about missionary work. That day we taught several
lessons and the Knapps so graciously fed us. Things are great.

This week we have a baptism on Saturday as well as the blood drive. I
can't donate blood as a missionary I guess but a couple of our
investigators have offered to help. I LOVE SEEING THEM GET INVOLVED!

This church is Christ's church! This is the restored gospel of Jesus
Christ. I know Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the Savior. He atoned
for all my flaws and imperfections and gives me true and lasting faith
and hope. This is where we all need to be, and I am so grateful to
know this... to feel this. I love my mission and I will finish strong!
I pray that I will have become enough of a saint through the Atonement
of Jesus Christ that you will notice a difference in me at the airport
in a couple weeks. Christ lives!

Always,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment