Monday, July 30, 2012

January 30



1638: Lunch with Debbie and her friend/parents.
1653: See the bruise on my forehead? Funny story of how that
happened... ask me later! :)

Hello family and friends!
I speak to you today... exhausted. Haha. What else is new?
Things are going really well in Hutch. Sister Jones and I made a
baptismal goal of 4 for the transfer. We've seen one. I've been trying
to achieve that goal and the Lord is fulfilling His promises. We have
2 that committed to baptism this week! On the 11th, so I'll get to see
these two dear sisters baptized before I leave Hutch. Debbie and
Maxine. I'm amazed at the mercy that the Lord offers to us as we
follow His commandments. I was reading Alma 37 and 38 this morning and
Alma preaches again and again to his sons to keep the commandments of
God and they will prosper, and if they will not they will be cut off
from His presence. We see that again and again in the Book of Mormon,
and I know that to be true in my own experience. The Lord lives!! What
else matters? He has eternal glory and everlasting joy that He wants
to give us. All we have to do is keep His commandments. Why is that so
difficult?

So, the inevitable truth is that I am going home soon. I have been
asked about it from members and investigators for several weeks now.
it has been announced over the pulpit already... haha. We live with
the Knapps and Brother Knapp is in the Bishopric. He came to me last
night as we were coming in and told me he's trying to be home for when
my parents come out. He is supposed to be at a youth temple trip. That
just melted my heart. The love I feel from the ward is unreal. I don't
feel like I deserve it. I am here to serve them. I am here to serve
God. I am doing my duty and laboring with love. It's heart wrenching
to think of having to leave all these people I've grown to love so
dearly. I don't want to leave my companion. She and I have SO much fun
together it should probably be outlawed. But, Sister Jones and I were
talking about it the other day. I feel at peace about coming home. I
feel like the timing is right and that I have done what I can and more
importantly, have become who I was supposed to. I don't want to be
like some missionaries that fall back into old bad habits when I'm a
civilian again. Our mission is supposed to change us for the better. I
plan on taking the heart that has been refined with me home. I didn't
come out and serve for 18 months just to go back to who I was.

Oh man, I don't even know what to write about. We have interviews with
President Keyes tomorrow as well as exchanges. Our investigator,
Debbie, makes the most AMAZING homemade pies and offered to teach us
how to make the dough. SCORE! So we are going to do that this week as
we teach her one of her lessons. haha. I'm going to come home and
amaze you with my pie making abilities. I probably won't be able to
reach Henry's ability though. :)

Life is so great. I'm so happy. I'm sad about leaving. Excited about
the baptisms coming up. Grateful to see family and friends soon. It's
been a wonderful journey and I can't wait to see what happens in the
next 2.5 weeks! Miracles are just around the corner. I can feel it.

I know Jesus is the Christ, the chosen Messiah. he is our Savior. He
has given us a way to rid ourselves of the natural man and be healed.
That is where I gain my peace. That is where we all can gain peace. I
love my Lord and Savior. I love my Heavenly Father. I feel that my
capacity to love has grown and I am so grateful for that. I know that
the restored gospel is true. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of
God and that we have a prophet on the earth today; Thomas S. Monson.
This gospel has saved my life is countless ways.... and I will serve
for the remainder of my days.

Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Always,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment