Saturday, January 22, 2011

First and Foremost

This is the beginning of a new journey. I am preparing myself as best I know how to and even then, I'm going to have to work my trash off just to prove to myself I can do this. Serving a mission was never in the agenda for my life, but I've come to be humbled and have learned that I don't always know what I want.

This is a journey for me. I am going as my duty to God and to the beautiful people of the Missouri Independence mission and I'm sure I will help bring good news to help change lives, but I feel that a large part of this sacrifice is for my family and myself. I cannot pinpoint the exactness; I probably will never be able to guess until the Lord sees fit. Nonetheless, I am going as a representative of Jesus Christ and I am going to become closer to that potential my Father in Heaven sees in me... and that, oh that, is one of the most important things. For if I don't reach my potential, how can I ever feel that I accomplished what I was sent here to do?

And yes, at this stage in the journey, I feel that this is a sacrifice. I have close friends and family to leave behind. I am in the middle of a degree at possibly one of the best schools in the world. I have dreams and aspirations to put on hold until I have reached a certain potential. This is not easy; it was not intended to be so. But I will trust in God.

In approximately 5.5 weeks, I will be reporting and starting a new chapter in this book I call my existence. Please, dear friends and family who read this, send me letters. Short, long; inform me of how you are doing and tell me that you are praying for me. For without you and your support, I would be weak and weary. I love you.

Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment