Monday, October 3, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH! And ELLIOTT!!!...?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRISH! And ELLIOTT!!!...? Send me updates immediately. Please and thank you.

Oh my goodness, what a week! And then to see the inbox full of amazing news just made it better! Although, I'm not quite sure my parents joined a biker gang... all I know is the picture will go in my photo album.

I feel like it's the day after Christmas. General Conference is such a gift as a missionary; I had no idea. I was able to even stay awake through them all! ... and unlike back in April, I got to see all of them except Elder Uchtdorf's talk Saturday morning. A day before we got a call from a member that her aunt passed away and had this huge responsibility to be in charge of feeding 100-200 people after the service. She had no resources to do so. So she called us, and we called some people. The funeral was at a Baptist church... yep, I attended in a Baptist church, tag and all. We got the weirdest looks from people as we walked around and took part of the services. It was great. The Relief Society came to the rescue and relieved this sister and we put a great name out for the church. Randomly, our neighbor's girlfriend was there with her dad. Coincidence? I think not. So, we left conference early to get to that.

But conference was amazing. The Sunday sessions we watched with one of our eternigators. :) He really enjoyed the message and thought it was "interesting". So that's good. I don't have my notes in front of me but I was writing throughout the whole thing it seemed. The Lord opened my eyes and heart to so many new things. I saw a theme in the sessions, too. I saw a lot of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.... faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, endure to the end, and the Atonement. And President Monson... oh I just love that man. "Hi!".... hahaha. I hear in Priesthood session he was pretty animated too. I'll have to go back and watch those sometime soon. I'll send back some notes next week. We have Zone P-day today so we are a little pressed for time in getting down to Warrensburg. We guilted (is that a word? the computer doesn't recognize it...) the Elders into doing something besides sports all day, and they found us a "nature walk". Haha, good Elders... doughnut. I'm excited.

I've learned a lot for myself this week about how to apply the Atonement into everyday life. Conference was a blessing. The prophet and apostles taught that the Atonement takes care of the rest of life that is unfair, not just sins. We preach that everyday. That's the whole reason we have a church and a gospel. To rid ourselves of those things that make us heavy. I'm realizing more and more that love is the center of it all. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have already done so much for us, but they still allow us to find that quarter on the side of the street in order to enjoy a piece of chicken. Their love is unconditional. And they have so much in store for us. I greatly anticipate the day to when I can see my Father in Heaven's face and know Godly love. That's why we share the gospel... that's why I share the gospel.

Think about what the restoration means to you. What if Joseph Smith never sought for truth? What if the pioneers never made it west? What if we didn't have faithful members of the church today? What if we never had the Book of Mormon (I loved that talk about the Book of Mormon... it is either good or evil. Go find our for yourself)? What if Christ never accomplished the Atonement? What if we didn't have the knowledge that we can be with our loved ones forever?

But the thing is... the restored gospel of Jesus Christ as restored through Joseph Smith gives us answers to questions we can't find anywhere else. Once you understand, your confidence in yourself and in the Lord expands greatly. Why not give the missionaries a chance to share it with you? Why not listen to your LDS neighbor for just a moment? Why not be open to so much more?

I know this gospel is true. I know it was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know we have a living prophet on the earth today. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know I am a daughter of God. And I know this work will never stop until Christ himself says, "well done".

Always,
Sister Moore



No comments:

Post a Comment