Monday, October 24, 2011

October 24, 2011

Hola!

I'm feeling a little anxious this morning so I may not write much here. Things are great though! Transfers are this week and I'm basically pleading the Lord and the mission president to stay in Odessa. I have fallen in love with the ward and with the missionaries I serve with. I have never really been a fan of "see you laters" anyway... I don't think I ever will.

We had exchanges on Tuesday and I went out to Overland Park, Kansas. That's an hour drive from Odessa... talk about extreme exchanges. I was with Sister Cleveland... whom I just love and adore! Imagine with me for a second... if you know me, you know I can be a little crazy at times. While riding shotgun, I was asked to make a phone call to a Sister in the ward. Her last name was Italian and very hard to pronounce so I was practicing before she answered the phone. During it all, there was a dead squirrel in the middle of the road so I pointed to it and casually said "watch out for the squirrel". Sister Cleveland swerved and unintentionally hit the squirrel.  *bump*. We look behind us and it had exploded. We both start screaming and laughing hysterically... and the sister on the phone answers. I couldn't catch my breath let alone remember her name. I had to explain and apologize later that day. Oh my goodness... I still crack up laughing whenever my mind wanders to exchanges. Too funny.

As far as the spiritual side of the work goes, I've learned a lot. With transfers this week I've been dwelling a lot on the fact that if I leave, it's going to be heartbreaking. I have fallen in love with the Odessa ward and the missionaries that I serve with here. I also thought about when I do leave this area, looking back on Odessa what would make it so special. The spirit then rested upon me and told me, "you are needed here". For the past three transfers, I have been needed here, and with that assurance, I know that I will be fulfilled if and when I leave Odessa.  My mission is so sacred to me. I hear about the world and the decaying facts of politics, earthquakes, and droughts. The Midwest is in a drought right now. It terrifies me to think of coming home and living in the world without the protection of being a servant of the Lord. There are down days like always, but the spiritual mantel that I've been on for almost 8 months is addicting. The spirit is addicting.

The stake had stake conference this past weekend. We were told that the Kansas City temple would be ready about the 2nd quarter of the year. So about 6 months or so. I'll still be here! We are supposed to prepare ourselves for the temple... and I couldn't be more excited. Seriously... why do people choose to live without the gospel? I don't understand it.

Anyway, we are headed down to Warrensburg today for Zone P-day. I asked the elders for another one this transfer and they granted my request. It'll be a great day. One Elder in our zone goes home on Friday.. and I'm so sad. But I know the Lord takes care of his missionaries and covenant people.

Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Always,
Sister Moore


No comments:

Post a Comment