Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25


Howdy,

It has been another great week in Hutchinson. We literally see
miracles every day, and big miracles at least weekly. I still wonder
why I am so blessed to be able to see the Lord's hand in this work so
apparent. We stopped by a part member family's house because we hadn't
seen them in a week and wanted to see how they were doing. They asked
how the work was going, we said it was well and that we have a few
people who are preparing for baptism. They said they had another to
add to that list. Amazing!! Their 15 year old son, Charles, went to
youth conference in Wichita last week and really wants to be baptized.
He's a big football fan and he told his parents that he would rather
go to Youth Conference than football camp next year. Wow! He's had all
the lessons, we had just been waiting for when Dad would give the
okay. We are planning the baptism for this Saturday. And the
non-member mother wants to give a prayer at the baptism!! Miracles!!

We got a new ward mission leader which we are so excited about! Our
last one was a wonderful brother, but was just always out of town and
wasn't able to help us with the work at all. Our new one moved in 2
weeks ago and is already jumping in. We are so grateful for him and
his family. They are going to be a great addition to the Hutch ward!

I love my companion! She is wonderful! We are working well together.
We are going going going and just trying to stay cool. It is supposed
to be 105* here today. It reminds me of Odessa last summer.

There's a couple that is investigating that we are working with and
through our appointments she has come to know the gospel and church
are true by reading the Book of Mormon. She brought it out at our last
appointment, read a verse from 2 Nephi 30, and then asked, "So, if I
don't unite with your church, I can't go to heaven?" We responded
saying something like "Without those covenants and saving ordinances
by the Priesthood, no one can make it". You could see the Spirit
working in her. I was in awe. She came to church with her husband and
she loved it. They are having us over for dinner tonight. We hope to
see her set a date tonight and that her husband will make that
commitment with her. Miracles everyday!!!!!!!

I love Hutch! I'm excited to see all these people that I've grown to
love make that commitment to Heavenly Father. There really is nothing
better. People keep asking when I'm leaving. I don't know. All I know
is that I am a missionary!! That God lives!! That we have so much to
do in this life and that there is always something better to come!

Yesterday at church we were talking about how we hadn't found any new
investigators this past week. It was weird since we had been finding
up a storm. I had been thinking since Wednesday "we really need to
find". Well, Sunday morning came and I told myself, "if I have the
faith to find, and do what I am asked to do, Heavenly Father will
bless us". Well, before church we were talking to the Relief Society
President and she said she had to go pick up a new sister that just
moved into the area. She has a non-member fiance and that she wanted
to introduce her and him to us. In church only the new sister came,
but she was telling us that in Salina, where they moved from, a friend
in the ward gave her fiance a Book of Mormon, a talk that she wrote,
and bore her testimony to him. A few days later, the fiance comes to
tell the sister "Your church is the true church!!! I have to be
baptized!!!" So, we got a hold of him and the Lord provided that new
investigator for us. Not just a new investigator, but one that will
listen and is sincere. I stand all amazed.

Last Saturday, we went to go see an older couple that has been
investigating for over 2 years. Eternigators.... we get in there and
had planned to basically ask if they would ever see themselves joining
the church because otherwise we weren't going to continue to see them
regularly. We got in there and the Spirit took over. I don't even know
how to explain it... I read a scripture in Alma, asked a question,
they responded, asked another question, etc etc etc. The things that
came out of my mouth were not my own. I could feel the Spirit working
in me and in them. We got out of that appointment, look at my
companion, and say, "what just happened?!" I can't even portray it
well!!! It was amazing! To be an instrument in the hands of the Lord
and to be under the influence of the Spirit like that is incredible!
The gift of the Holy Ghost is so precious... how does one even portray
how incredible that gift is?!

Things are going well here. I'm grateful for this time I have to serve
that Lord with no distractions. I'm grateful for those that support
me. I'm grateful to be a missionary and to serve in the Missouri
Independence Mission. My mission is so sacred to me. God loves His
children. I know this is true.

So my update for the week.... the church is true! What else matters?
I love you. Thank you for your love and support.
Always,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment