Monday, July 2, 2012


It's been a good, HOT week! We had 2 baptisms on Saturday and they
were confirmed yesterday. if anyone remembers the Ramey family... the
family with all the boys that we taught... the oldest boy passed the
Sacrament for his first time. As he left the table to go pass, I was
so filled with the love of God, and just how much love his Father in
heaven has for him. Brother Knapp was conducting and announced over
the pulpit that this could be my last Sunday with everyone and invited
me to bear my testimony. Oh man, my heart stopped. It's not set in
stone that I am leaving as I won't know until tomorrow, and now if I
show up at church on Sunday that could possibly be embarrassing... but
I got up and took the boy that was just baptized on Saturday and his
recent convert sister up with me, and we all bore our testimonies. I
had to say I might still be here.... haha. But it was good. I could
feel the love of the ward and am grateful for the 3 transfers I'd had
to serve in hutch. Maybe a 4th one will be in the cards.

The 4th of July is coming up! The ward here does a Community Breakfast
and Flag Ceremony so we'll be going to that, and then migrate to the
parade. I'm so excited for it! We have lots of appointments to teach
this week and I'm stoked to go testify!!

This is going to be short because I'm running out of time, but I'm so
grateful for the church. Yesterday we stopped by an investigator's
home and chatted with her because it had been a while. She told us she
had a dream about good vs. evil in the world today, and we ended up
talking about the war in heaven and agency. It was pretty neat. I
walked away from that just thinking how grateful I am for the church.
The church teaches us how to be in the world but not of it and how to
potentially avoid serious mistakes and how to work through adversity.
Where else can you find strength like that? Nowhere. I know the gospel
has been restored. I know Jesus is the come Messiah and that He lives
today. I'm so grateful!

Transfers are this week so we'll see where I serve my last transfer.
I'll let you all know next week. Thank you all for your support and
love. I'm determined to serve and finish strong for the remainder of
my mission. The last 1.5 years have been the most sacred experience of
my life, and I owe a part of that to you. Thank you.

Shall we not go on in so great a cause?
Always,
Sister Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment