Wednesday, February 29, 2012

FEB 29






Hola!

So, we got transfer calls last night. It was just crazy! Almost the
entire zone is changing. All the Elders' companionships, more than
half the sisters'... and I got kicked out of the VC! I have been
called to serve in Hutchinson, KS. I get to ride a motorcoach for 5
hours tomorrow morning. I will be seving with Sister Dodd, the same
from the MTC, so that is exciting. I'm taking Sister T's place out
there and she's going to the Liberty Jail. I'm stoked for her! One of
the sisters at the VC and I are really close (Sister Payne), and she
is getting transferred out to Hays, KS. Different zones, but we'll be
riding the motorcoach together! I'm grateful for that. This is my
first time riding the bus. I've got a crazy day ahead of me. Even
though it's my P-day, I have a ton to do. Pack. Sort. Mail. Pack some
more. And work. I didn't really sleep last night. Funny how anxiousity
will do that to you, eh?

I'm so grateful to have had the chance to serve in Independence 4th
ward and at the VC again. I am so excited for this new adventure out
in Kansas! I hear the skies are gorgeous. It is just sad leaving
people you love. I got really attached to one of the senior couples.
All 3 of us were crying after breakfast this morning (all the sisters
and senior couples get together every Wednesday morning before
transfers). Sister Porter will be taking over the area and I'm so
excited for her! She's so ready. She just needed me to get out of the
way so she could continue to progress. I've learned so much from the
sisters and senior couples here in Independence. They love and support
us so well. The Anderson's are the senior couple that I really like a
lot. They live up in Cardston.... and I'm going to visit them
eventually. Anyone want to go to Canada?

Sending home some photos I stole from other sisters. First one is of
my last district. We had a huge district. L to R, Standing: Sister
Sibbett, Sister Payne, Elder Murray, Elder Masters, Elder Poulson,
Elder Fullmer, Elder Robbins, Elder Seely. Kneeling: Sister Wright,
Sister Vickers, Sister Moore, Sister Porter.
0577: This beastly ice cream sundae we devoured last P-day. 0579:
After devouring said sundae. 0669: The mission got 2 brand new chevy
trucks. This is really worldly of me but I really want to drive it...
the Assistants are driving it momentary and I bug them about it
everytime I see them (they serve in 4th ward so I see them a lot...
hahaha). It's beautiful. 0722: At the breakfast this morning...
sisters singing to the 3 that are going home. 0647: This is Sister
Thorne. We love each other.

I don't really know what to write about. Everything is a blurr. I
haven't slept. Life is good. Life is beautiful. I've been signing
journals like mad. I won't be able to sit down for a while. Things are
good. I can't complain. When I go out to Hutch, we will be living with
members. That's new for me. We get a full time car and bikes. Maybe I
can lose some of this love from the holidays... that's a nice thought.

It's crazy to think that I reported to the MTC almost exactly a year
ago. I have come such a long way. The Lord is still refining me and
I'm so grateful to become mroe of who He wants me to me. This work is
hard. It requires a lot of diligence, patience, charity, and faith.
But when those big miracles come, and they do, I can say that I was
used in the hands of the Lord. I have fulfilled my purpose. I am doing
what He needs me to do. I'm so grateful for my Savior who loves me.
I'm so grateful to know that He lives. I'm grateful to know that I
have a plan and purpose. I'm grateful to know that I have been placed
with my family for a reason. I'm grateful to be on earth. I'm grateful
for my body. I'm grateful to learn how to work hard and rely on God.
This scripture helps me get through...

1 Nephi 9:6 - "But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning;
wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the
children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of
all his words. And thus it is. Amen."

This work will go forth. What a blessing it is to be here.
I love my mission. I love my life. I love my family. I love my Savior.
I love my Heavenly Father. Life is good. Seize the day and know that
tomorrow will always be brighter.

Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Always,
Sister Victoria Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment